all catalpa

Published on July 19th, 2012 | by Greg

0

Catalpa NYC: Amazing Lineup Next Weekend

It’s easy to get a bit over­whelmed by the New York City con­cert scene. So many shows, and so lit­tle time, mean that it’s easy to miss even big name acts that come through town. There are just too many great venues, and so many bands try­ing to get some no­tice. Even the most ded­i­cat­ed live mu­sic fan can’t catch a frac­tion of what hap­pens on any giv­en night in the city! But there’s one sure-fire way to see an amaz­ing cross-sec­tion of mu­sic, from reg­gae to hip-hop to pop, in­die to dance, and that’s to check out one of the biggest fes­ti­vals on the East Coast.

Catal­pa NYC Mu­sic Fes­ti­val is com­ing to Ran­dalls Is­land on Ju­ly 28th and 29th, bring­ing a close to the month with a bang. Run­ning from 1PM to 11PM each day, we couldn’t be more ex­cit­ed by the line­up. This is the in­au­gu­ral year, and they’re of­fer­ing more than just mu­sic as well- ‘as much an em­pha­sis on site artistry, in­ter­ac­tive ex­pe­ri­ences and ex­per­i­men­ta­tion as the mu­si­cal en­ter­tain­ment it­self’- as well as four stages (one de­vot­ed to reg­gae), a silent dis­co tent, and even a church (of sham mar­riages!). Whether you get there by fer­ry or boat, walk, bus, or bike, we hope to see you at Catal­pa!

Tick­ets run from $100 for a one-day pass to $180 for a ba­sic week­end ad­mis­sion (with­out trans­porta­tion, which adds $20 one-day / $35 both-day fer­ry ac­cess or a bit more for park­ing). For those look­ing for a lit­tle ex­tra at­ten­tion, VIP pass­es are avail­able for about $100 more, and in­clude ex­press ad­mis­sion, ac­cess to a pri­vate lounge, and even ded­i­cat­ed re­strooms – nice! Oh, and if that’s not enough and you re­al­ly want to fly high, pri­vate ca­banas are avail­able… as are VIP hot tubs, if you have $10K to spend on your group of ten. Here’s more in­for­ma­tion on the line­up.

SAT­UR­DAY JU­LY 28TH
Head­lin­er: THE BLACK KEYS
TV ON THE RA­DIO • UMPHREY’S MCGEE
HER­CULES AND LOVE AF­FAIR • ZO­LA JE­SUS
FE­LIX DA HOUSE­CAT • THE SHEEP­DOGS
FORT AT­LANTIC • THE DE­MOS • THE AVI­A­TION OR­ANGE
MY PET DRAG­ON • JDH & DAVE P • PAUL C
PAUL FAVRET­TI • THE REBEL LIGHT

SUN­DAY JU­LY 29TH
Head­lin­er: SNOOP DOGG
GIRL TALK • MATT AND KIM • A$AP ROCKY
COLD WAR KIDS • MA­TISYAHU • CITY AND COLOUR
Araab­MUZIK • THE DIRTY HEADS • HOOK N’SLING
THE BIG PINK • POL­ISH AM­BAS­SADOR • AUNT MARTHA
HELL­FIRE MACHI­NA • THE AIR­PLANE BOYS • BURY ME A LI­ON
ALEX EN­GLISH • PAUL RAF­FAELE

Tags: , , , ,