all cakebanner

Published on August 8th, 2012 | by Greg

0

Listen: Cake, Williamsburg, Concert, Tomorrow!

What more do we need to say? You know them from some of their amaz­ing al­bums- Mo­tor­cade of Gen­eros­i­ty, Com­fort Ea­gle, Fash­ion Nugget, and Pro­long­ing the Mag­ic. Sure, the lat­est one re­leased last year, Show­room of Com­pas­sion, might not bring the ra­dio hits like “The Dis­tance”, “Short Skirt/Long Jack­et”, “No Phone”, or “Nev­er There”, but it’s still a sol­id record with few weak tracks.

Sacra­men­to’s own al­ter­na­tive rock band, Cake has been around for around twen­ty years now, and they still have a rep­u­ta­tion for putting on a great live show. Hope­ful­ly, you’ll join us in check­ing them out to­mor­row evening (8/10) at the Williams­burg Park. The venue can be a bit hard to find, but is an amaz­ing wa­ter­front out­door spot for the sum­mer, at Kent Ave at North 12th St in Brook­lyn. We caught OK Go there a cou­ple of weeks ago, as part of the La­coste Live Williams­burg Park Con­cert Se­ries, and love the sound, space, and ven­dors (no roped off beer tents, and great brews at rea­son­able prices).

Tick­ets are $35 plus fees, and are still avail­able at press time. Show­time is list­ed at 6PM, with no open­er in­for­ma­tion as of yet. See you there! And if you can’t make this show, there are plen­ty more com­ing up soon that should catch your eye- in­clud­ing Sharon Jones and the Dap Kings, Jane’s Ad­dic­tion, My Morn­ing Jack­et, and even Go­tye!

Tags: , , ,