all waxtailor

Published on October 2nd, 2012 | by Greg

0

Wax Tailor: Next Thursday At Gramercy Theatre

France seems to be do­ing a great job pro­duc­ing in­ter­na­tion­al­ly pop­u­lar hip-hop and elec­tron­ic mu­si­cians, DJs who do much more than sim­ply spin records. From Daft Punk to Jus­tice, some of our fa­vorite dance mu­sic has been com­ing from those Eu­ro­pean shores. And if you like some­thing a lit­tle more down­tem­po, we know you’ll love to­day’s con­cert sug­ges­tion.

Wax Tai­lor will be ap­pear­ing at Gramer­cy The­ater on Oc­to­ber 11th, ap­pear­ing dur­ing the tour for his new con­cept al­bum, Dusty Rain­bow From the Dark. We’re quot­ing from his site here: “the idea be­hind this al­bum came forth in 2006, while JC Le Saoût, the pro­duc­er be­hind the Wax Tai­lor moniker, was putting the fin­ish­ing touch­es on his sec­ond al­bum.” Whether it’s work­ing with a sym­phon­ic or­ches­tra or with the small­er group that will be ap­pear­ing with him for this show (cel­lo, vi­o­lin, flute & gui­tar as well as a fe­male vo­cal­ist), we def­i­nite­ly dig his stuff.

And we hope you’ll check out not just the show, but the lat­est al­bum as well, which fea­tures Aloe Blacc, Jen­nifer Charles, Elzhi, Char­lotte Savary, Sara Genn, Shana Hal­li­gan, Mat­tic, Ali Har­ter, and A.S.M, Akua. Fol­low­ing dates in LA, San Fran­cis­co, Seat­tle, Port­land, Toron­to, and Mon­tre­al, he’ll be show­ing up here in New York City! Tick­ets are a very rea­son­able $15 and the show starts at 7PM. And if you need a primer to his style, check out the track‘Que Sera’.

Tags: , , ,