Arts jun121451

Published on October 15th, 2012 | by Greg

0

Zombie Cat: Tale of a Decomposing Kitty

It’s not yet Hal­loween. But it’s get­ting fright­ful­ly close! We’ve been pick­ing ap­ples and vis­it­ing pump­kin patch­es, prepar­ing cos­tumes and plan­ning vis­its to haunt­ed hous­es. Hor­ror movies are on the big screen, and fall is def­i­nite­ly in the air. And what would the sea­son be with­out a creepy book to read as well? It might not be quite as manda­to­ry as trick-or-treat­ing, but a good scary sto­ry is a pret­ty im­por­tant au­tum­nal in­gre­di­ent.

Zom­bie Cat: Tale of a De­com­pos­ing Kit­ty, is a new, dark­ly hu­mor­ous adult il­lus­trat­ed book that takes on the zom­bie apoc­a­lypse and tells the tale of a do­mes­ti­cat­ed cat who joins the le­gions of the un­dead. But the cat, named Tid­dles, has an own­er who isn’t (yet) a zom­bie… and has no par­tic­u­lar de­sire to be. Writ­ten by Is­abel Ather­ton and il­lus­trat­ed by Bethany Strak­er, this is a cute gift- though with a fair­ly par­tic­u­lar au­di­ence.

Cat lovers prob­a­bly won’t rel­ish the idea of see­ing their kit­tens in quite such a sad state. And folks with­out a cer­tain de­gree of fe­line af­fec­tion might not be drawn in. So you have to be a zom­bie-lover, first and fore­most, and prefer­ably one with a dark sense of hu­mor and a pet you se­cret­ly, or not so se­cret­ly, hate. Gory, grue­some, and with an end­ing that left us a bit scared for hu­man­i­ty, it’s a quick read… if you have braaaaains. Avail­able now, for un­der $10.

Tags: , , ,