Published on September 19th, 2009 | by Greg

0

Quick Hit: Zubbles, The Colored Bubbles

Some products seem obvious once you hear about them. Take, for instance, Zubbles- the world’s first colored bubbles. The name might seem misleading- you’ve probably seen tinted bubbles before after all- but these are different. And we’ve been waiting, and waiting, to check them out and following the progress from first media coverage all the way back in 2005. The coverage was, and still is, focused on the inventor (Tim Kehoe) and his struggle over fifteen years and 3 million dollars to create a working method. It’s a great story indeed, and one with a pretty happy ending!

They are finally available now, and are pretty much what you’d expect. Right now, Zubbles come in only pink and blue, and we tried each- note that we said “and”, because you’ll have to get a two-pack for the moment. And while the color was initially impressive- reviewers unanimously went “ooooh”- they were in the end, just bubbles. Four ounces per bottle, $15 for the pair, and plenty of fun, especially for the younger folks. You’ll be worried about the dye leaving traces behind when they pop; we tried it out on some of our white furniture (the things we do for our readers) and were scared at first. But, indeed, the color faded in a few minutes. All in all, we look forward to seeing colored bubbles (in more colors) for a long time!