Published on January 1st, 2011 | by Greg

0

Black & Decker Powers Our Vehicles One Way Or Another

When I personally think of Black and Decker, it is synonymic to the Dustbuster. No matter what products or avenues they branch into, I will always remember my multitude of spills and the gratefulness I felt to our handy handheld vacuum. That lil’ guy will always have a special vacuum-sealed place in my heart.

Black and Decker has indeed made a move with the 100 Watt Electronics Charger that can power and recharge everything from cell phones to a portable DVD player.

This small device is made for on-the-go mobility and transforms your vehicle’s 12V DC power into an 115V AC Power outlet. Your household can now accomplish the same feats in your minivan…. well, at least some of them. Now before you get ahead of yourself and start thinking about cooking eggs or curling your hair, we will advise you that this product is not intended for operating high wattage appliances.

We tried the B&D Electronics Charger with our camera and cell phone. Now if you already have a car charger this device might not be as noticeably advantageous, but as a general rule the electronics charger can recharge most of your personal effects and eliminate the frustration when you don’t have a plug-in. This device is NOT meant to run a laptop on. As of press time, there were no online retailers selling the Black and Decker PI100BB so we suggest checking with your local store. It should run about $32.

A low battery alarm warns against vehicle battery drain, but just in case, make sure to carry the Black and Decker 500 Amp Jump Starter.

Now hopefully you won’t need this but in the off chance you do, it can be great to have in emergency situations. We used it to jump start a storaged car that often needs jumped from lack of use. At first sight, we were baffled that Black & Decker did not include a power cord with the unit. It was a “WTF” moment and left us cursing the manufacturers.

Other than that, it worked just as intended and started our car without any issues. It comes equipped with an alarm that warns against an improper connection to the battery terminal and a decent light for gallavanting outside when you need to handle the task in the dark. We felt it was a tad heavy for a portable emergency starter, but beyond that, our car was back to purring like a kitten.

We were able to purchase from Amazon for around $109.