all spotify

Published on September 25th, 2011 | by Greg

0

Get The Most Out Of Your Spotify Account

The lat­est free dig­i­tal mu­sic pro­gram, Spo­ti­fy, claims to be the ul­ti­mate tool in help­ing users find new mu­sic. While it is an ex­cel­lent tool for find­ing mu­sic, start­ing out on it can be an ex­haust­ing task. There is a free stream­ing ra­dio play­er that al­lows you to pick a genre and have sim­i­lar songs sent to your play­er. This is a nifty fea­ture, but it of­ten brings up the same artists and has very lit­tle con­sis­ten­cy. You can al­ways ac­tive­ly search for mu­sic through the open search bar at the top, but this is a task with lit­tle di­rec­tion to help you. Of course you can al­ways see what your friends are lis­ten­ing to by vis­it­ing their pro­files, but you prob­a­bly al­ready have an idea of what it is.

Spo­ti­fy doesn’t re­al­ly come equipped with a lot of use­ful search op­tions for you to dis­cov­er new mu­sic. Thanks to the open­ness of the pro­gram and the in­ge­nu­ity of its users, Spo­ti­fy has sev­er­al dif­fer­ent web­sites that al­low you to lis­ten to unique playlists, find new artists, and stream songs to your mo­bile de­vice. Here are some of the best third par­ty web­sites that al­low you to browse Spo­ti­fy:

Spo­timy

One of the best things about Spo­ti­fy is that there is al­ways new mu­sic be­ing added to the di­rec­to­ry. In or­der to find that new mu­sic more ef­fec­tive­ly, Spo­timy lists it the lat­est new re­leas­es to the ser­vice. The site al­so fea­tures top rat­ed playlists, the hottest songs, and re­views from pro­fes­sion­al mu­sic blog­gers.

Echofi­app

This web­site takes the Spo­ti­fy ra­dio fea­ture and turns it up­side down. In­stead of get­ting im­prop­er match­es from Spo­ti­fy’s se­lec­tions, this search de­vice lets you type in one of your fa­vorite artists and lis­ten to songs that will ap­peal to sim­i­lar tastes. Userss com­plain that Spo­ti­fy’s ra­dio ser­vice is weak, but Echofi­app gives it a much need­ed shot in the arm.

Spoti­bot

This web­site is the op­po­site of Echofi­app. In­stead of find­ing artists and songs that are fa­mil­iar and sim­i­lar to your tastes, it digs deep to find tracks that are in the same genre but from less­er known artists. If you type in a met­al band like Metal­li­ca, you might get a song from an elec­tron­ic band that us­es sam­ples from some of Metal­li­ca’s riffs.

Spo­tiseek

Spo­tiseek takes one of your fa­vorite artists and gen­er­ates a mix­tape for you. What is dif­fer­ent about this ser­vice than the ones men­tioned above is that there is al­so a down­load­able app that al­lows you to gen­er­ate a new playlist with your smart­phone. Spo­ti­fy had the right idea when they didn’t cre­ate a re­li­able search op­tion for their mu­sic ser­vice. In­stead of try­ing to guess what peo­ple would like, they gave room to oth­er de­vel­op­ers to tin­ker with the al­go­rithms and da­ta that goes in­to playlist and stream­ing ra­dio gen­er­a­tion. In­stead of on­ly get­ting re­sults di­rect­ly from Spo­ti­fy, users can choose the web­site of their choice for the most cus­tomiz­able ex­pe­ri­ence.

Con­sid­er­a­tion was giv­en to re­view, ed­it, and post this ar­ti­cle.

Tags: , , ,